Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Decisions, Decisions

Well, I applied for a medigap and blueRx from Highmark.  I was so excited that I finally got to choose what I thought was right for me.  The days went by and I was anxiously awaiting the receipt of my cards in the mail.  Lo and behold, I got a phone call from the Highmark rep who signed me up, telling me that the state of PA insurance office in Harrisburg will not allow them to offer Medigap to anyone new who is applying.  Duh!  I was pissed.  Back to the drawing board again...they offered me their Advantage plan.  The Advantage plans supercede Medicare's original A and B sections for which I have to pay $110.50 each month.  Why even pay for something if you don't use it and then pay an extra premium for an Advantage plan.  Life is sometimes tough to handle and swallow!  I have this month to decide what to do.  I really have no choice at all.  I can either go with the original medicare without an insurance to fill the gaps plus an extra prescription coverage with Blue Rx, OR I can get the Advantage plan and drop the Blue Rx.  Those are my choices.  When the 15th comes I will decide once and for all!

No comments: