Monday, December 29, 2008

Cookie Monster is MIA


Christmas is over, I am not raiding the cookie jar any more. I turned over a new leaf. It was the step three in my OA book that gave me some new meaning to the abstinence I was on, fell off and am on again. If that makes sense to you, good cuz it makes sense to me. Let's move on from here.

I will be saying this prayer every day starting today:

Dear Lord,
I surrender my temptations to binge, overeat and misuse food today. I ask for and trust in your guidance in everything I do. I know what my eating guidelines should be, I ask for the willingness and ability to live within these guidelines each day. Bestow upon me the grace and power I need to stop indulging when I'm not even hungry.

And, I thank you Lord for all the blessings you have given me, by your Holy Spirit within me, I can resist the urge and temptation to overeat and to live by your will one day at a time. Amen.

In SP I suggested that they might think about selling rubber bracelets embossed with SP info so we can buy, wear and promote the cause. Let's see how many members respond. It might be worth something.

It's a beautiful sunshiny day today, not too cold at all. I am going to watch DOOL. Ta ta for now.

No comments: